4 types Classification of Bricks Based on their Quality| Blue brick
Classification of Bricks Based on their Quality
The bricks used in construction are classified as.
1.1.First Class bricks (Blue brick) :
- These class bricks are of standard shape and size. They are burnt in kilns. They fulfill all the desirable properties of bricks /Blue brick.
- These class bricks all are ground molded and burnt (in the brick chamber) in brickkiln. The edges may not be sharp and uniform. The surface may be somewhat rough. this type of brick is commonly used for the construction work of all walls which are going to be plastered /Blue brick.
- These bricks all are ground molded and burnt (in the brick chamber) in clamps. Their edges are somewhat distorted. They produce dull sound when struck together. They are used for temporary and unimportant structures.
- These are the over burnt bricks. They are dark in color. The shape is irregular. They are used as aggregates for concrete work in foundations works, building floors, and public roads.
Uses of Bricks
- Bricks are used in the following civil works:
- As building blocks.
- For the lining of ovens, furnaces, and chimneys.
- For protecting steel columns from fire.
- For pavers for footpaths and cycle tracks.
- For lining sewer lines.