Types of Traditional material used in construction | construction materials
construction materials: In this article, all details are given below.
There are five Material in this list are given below (construction materials),
5.Timber, are the traditional materials used for civil engineering constructions for several centuries.
- It’s available in the form of rocks while is cut to the required size and shape and used as a building block.
- this material has been used to construct small residential buildings to large places and temples all over the world.
- India constructed many of the largest buildings constructed in before centuries, Like Red Fort, Taj Mahal, Vidhana Sabha at Bangalore, and several places of medieval age all India is the famous stone buildings.
[table id=1 /]
- Brick is obtained by molding good natural clay into a block, which is dried and then burnt.
- This is the oldest building block to replace stone manufacture of brick started with hand molding, sun drying, and burning clamps. A considerable amount of technological development has taken place with better knowledge about to properties of raw materials.
- Better machinery and improved techniques for molding drying and burning.
- The size of the Bricks is of 90mm x 90mm x 90mm and 190mm x 90mm x 40mm
- The size of bricks as 200mm x 100mm x 100mm and 200mm x 100mm x 50mm.
(types of Traditional materials used in construction
- It is an important binding material used in building construction. Lime has been used as the material of construction from ancient lime.
- When it is mixed with sand it is providing lime mortar and when mixed with sand and coarse aggregate (construction materials).
(types of Traditional materials used in construction)
- Cement is a commonly used binding material in construction. The cement is obtained by burning a mixture of calcareous and sacrilegious.
- Materials at a very high temperature and then grinding the clinker so produced to a fine powder. It was first produced by a mason Capablanca asp din in England in 1924 (construction materials).
- Timber is referring to wood used for construction works. In fact, the word timber is derived from an old English word, that word is “Tim brain” which means “to build” this is the History of timber (construction materials).
- Standing Timber is yielded good wood for construction is called “Standing Timber”. After following a tree, its branches are cut, and its stem is roughly converted into pieces of suitable length.
- This is from Timber is known a rough timber. By sawing, rough timber is converted into various commercial sizes like planks, buttons, posts, beams, etc.